PADI Divemaster Internship Program
Take the first step in your dive career and become a PADI Divemaster. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills as you become a dive professional. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
An added benefit in completing your training here at WWDC, is that you will also be exposed to many other attributes of the Dive Industry, and will gain experience in Retail, Compressed Gas filling, Equipment, Boat crewing etc, all of which will strengthen your ability as a Divemaster. With a resident Course Director in charge of your training, you will also be assured of a thorough experience and high standards to ensure you have a strong basis for progressing on to an Instructor Course, if you so decide.
What can PADI Divemasters do?
- Work at local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations
- Assist PADI Instructors with students
- Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided dive tours
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another training organization
- PADI Rescue Diver certification or qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Medical clearance signed by a physician (within last 12 months)
- Current First Aid Certificate (within last 24 months)
- 20 logged dives
- 18 years old
What will I do?
- Learn dive leadership through classroom and independent study sessions
- Complete water skills and stamina exercises in confined and open water
- Training exercises to test organizational and problem solving abilities
- An internship or series of practical training exercises
How long will it take?
- Approximately 3-6 months depending how much time you can commit
What materials are needed?
- Divemaster Training Crewpak includes -
- Divemaster Video
- Divemaster Manual
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Scuba Tune-up Work Book
- PADI Instructor Manual
- Professional Log Book
- DSD Cue Card
- Divemaster slates
How much will it cost?
plus PADI materials and PADI DM Application & Membership Fee (see current PADI price list)